The Topsfield Water Department has implemented a Mandatory Outdoor Water Use Restriction effective June 1, 2022 due to very low Ipswich River stream flow, higher than normal water use and concerns about the availabilty of water.
Outdoor water use is restricted to hand-held implements only before 9 AM and after 5 PM. The use of irrigations systems at any time is prohibited. The restrictions apply to public water customers.
In addition to curtailing outdoor use the Water Department encourages the following conservation measures:
- Run your dishwasher and clothes washer only when full.
- Fix any leaks around the house.
- Install water efficient toilets, faucets and shower heads.
- Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator, rather than running the faucet.
- Consider replacing water intensive lawns with a xeriscape (low water demand) flower garden.
The mandatory restrictions will be in effect until further notice but typically run through the end of September.
October 1st Update: All restrictions were removed.