The Topsfield Water Department has instituted a Voluntary Outdoor Water Restriction effective June 10, 2019. The restriction is needed due to warmer weather and associated increase in water demand. We expect a mandatory restriction will be needed by the middle of July.
Public water customers, including all residents and businesses connected to the Town's water system, are asked to curtail nonessential outdoor water use between the hours of 9 AM to 5 PM. Essential outdoor water use includes those uses that have a health or safety impact, are required by regulation or are needed to meet the core functions of a business or organization. The restriction does not apply to private wells at this time.
In addition to limiting outdoor use the Water Department encourages the following conservation measures:
• Run your dishwasher and clothes washer only when full.
• Fix any leaks around the house.
• Install water efficient toilets, faucets and showerheads.
• Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator, rather than running the faucet.
• Consider replacing water intensive lawns with low water demand plants and grasses. The Water Department has several guide books that are available to residents.
Please call the Water Department at (978) 887-1517 if you have any questions.