The Topsfield Water Department has instituted a Voluntary Outdoor Water Restriction effective October 1, 2020. The mandatory restriction, that was in effect since June, has been removed because of seasonal changes that reduce outdoor water use. Despite recent precipitation, water streamflow and ground water levels remain low and it will likely take several months before they recover. Because of this we ask all water users to curtail nonessential outdoor water from 9 AM to 5 PM each day. Essential outdoor water use includes those uses that have a health or safety impact, are required by regulation or are needed to meet the core functions of a business or organization.
In addition to limiting outdoor use the Water Department encourages the following conservation measures:
• Run your dishwasher and clothes washer only when full.
• Fix any leaks around the house.
• Install water efficient toilets, faucets and showerheads.
• Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator, rather than running the faucet.
• Consider replacing water intensive lawns with low water demand plants and grasses. The Water Department has several guide books that are available to residents.
Please call the Water Department at (978) 887-1517 if you have any questions.