Town of Topsfield
1. Sealed bids for Construction of River Road/Prospect Street Water Main shall be received by the Board of Water Commissioners of the Topsfield Water Department, at Town Offices, 461 Boston Street Unit E-6, Topsfield, MA, 01983 until 2:00 P.M., Local Time Wednesday, April 4, 2018, and at that time and place shall be opened and read aloud publicly.
2. In general, the project includes, but is not limited to, the installation of approximately 6,800 LF of 12-inch and 8-inch diameter ductile iron replacement water main, valves, hydrants, and associated appurtenances. Work includes approximately 265 linear feet of horizontal directional drill of 12-inch HDPE water main and installation of approximately 15 LF of 16-inch diameter ductile iron water main for future replacement at Rowley Bridge Road.
3. Contract Documents may be examined at the following location:
Topsfield Water Department
279 Boston Street
Topsfield, MA, 01983
Copies of the Contract Documents may be obtained at the Water Department office. A deposit of $50.00 will be required for each complete set of plans and specifications. The deposit check shall be made payable to Topsfield Water Department. If the Documents are returned unmarked, in good condition within 15 calendar days after the Bid opening, $50.00 will be refunded to the holder. This refund shall be made for the first two (2) complete sets returned. No refund shall be made for sets in excess of two. Requests for mailing complete sets shall be accompanied by a $25.00 nonrefundable handling and postage fee; checks shall be made payable to Topsfield Water Department.
4. Each general Bid shall be accompanied by a Bid Bond or a Treasurer's, Cashier's or Certified Check in the amount of 5% of the bid amount. Checks shall be made payable to the Topsfield Water Department.
5. BIDDERS are required to submit proposals on the Bid form provided. The undersigned reserves the right to waive informalities in Bids, to reject any or all Bids submitted, and to accept the proposal deemed best for the Town.
6. Minimum Wage Rates as determined by the Commissioner of Department of Labor and Industries under the provision of the Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 149, Sections 26 to 27D, as amended, apply to this project. It is the responsibility of the contractor, before bid opening, to request if necessary, any additional information on Minimum Wage Rates for those trades people who may be employed for the proposed work under this contract.
7. Bid Law provisions applying to this contract include M.G.L. c. 30, s39M (Non-Building/Public Works Contracts).
8. No BID may be withdrawn within 30 days, Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays excluded, after the opening of Bids.
9. The successful BIDDER must furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100% Payment Bond with a surety company approved by the OWNER. Each surety company must hold certificates of authority as acceptable sureties as defined in 31 CFR 223.